The WordPress Community in Uganda is a part of the global WordPress community. We exist to serve the local community and make things fun, interesting and beneficial for everyone in the area with an interest in WordPress.
This website is our community blog with general news and updates about what’s happening locally in the world of WordPress.
As a part of the global WordPress community, we adhere to the 5 good-faith rules that all meetup chapters follow:
- WordPress Meetups are for the benefit of the WordPress community as a whole, not specific businesses or individuals. All actions taken as an event organizer are with the best interest of the community in mind.
- Membership in the local meetup group is open to all who wish to join, regardless of ability, skill, financial status or any other criteria.
- Meetups are volunteer-run with volunteer speakers. In cases where a modest attendance fee might be necessary, this fee should only cover the costs of the meetup and shouldn’t be used to pay speakers or organizers.
- Meetup groups allow events to be organized by any reliable/trusted member of the community.
- Meetups are welcoming places where everyone works to foster an accepting environment which is free of discrimination, incitement to violence, promotion of hate, and general jerk-like behavior.
If at any point you feel like the organisers (or anyone else in the community) is not adhering to these rules, or if anyone is violating our community’s code of counduct then please contact us to let the organizing team know!
WordPress Community Uganda is voluntarily led by meetup coordinators who are publicly nominated and voted annually or after two years. The following are the current leaders 2019.