If you are here to report something you are concerned about, please leave us a message in the form below and we will investigate.
All WordPress Events in Uganda believe our community should be truly open for everyone. As such, we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, age, ethnicity, religion, preferred operating system, programming language, or text editor.
This code of conduct outlines our expectations for participant behavior as well as the consequences for unacceptable behavior. We invite all sponsors, volunteers, speakers, attendees, and other participants to help us realize a safe and positive conference experience for everyone.
- Be considerate, respectful, and collaborative.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory or harassing behavior and speech.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants. Alert conference organizers if you notice a dangerous situation or someone in distress.
- Participate in an authentic and active way. In doing so, you help to create WordCamp Europe and make it your own.
Unacceptable behaviors include: intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory or demeaning conduct by any attendees of WordPress Events in Uganda.
All WordPress Events in Uganda venues may be shared with members of the public; please be respectful to all patrons of these locations. Harassment includes:
- offensive verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, disability, age;
- inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces (including presentation slides);
- deliberate intimidation, stalking or following;
- harassing photography or recording;
- sustained disruption of talks or other events;
- inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention.
Consequences Of Unacceptable Behavior
Unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated whether by other attendees, organizers, venue staff, sponsors, or other patrons of WordPress Events in Uganda venues. Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately. If a participant engages in unacceptable behavior, the conference organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from the conference without warning or refund.
What To Do If You Witness Or Are Subject To Unacceptable Behavior
If you are subject to unacceptable behavior, notice that someone else is being subject to unacceptable behavior, or have any other concerns, please notify a conference organizer or volunteer as soon as possible.
The WordPress Events in Uganda team will be available to help participants contact venue security or local law enforcement, to provide escorts, or to otherwise assist those experiencing unacceptable behavior to feel safe for the duration of the conference.
Any volunteer can connect you with a conference organizer. You can also come to the special registration desk in the lobby and ask for the organizers.
Scope We expect all conference participants (sponsors, volunteers, speakers, attendees, and other guests) to abide by this code of conduct at all conference venues and conference-related social events.
Code of Conduct Reporting form
If you have experienced or witnessed a breach of our Code of Conduct, please give us a detailed account using the form below. If you’d like us to follow up with you directly, please also leave your name and contact information so that we can do so.
NB: You are welcome to report anonymously. License And Attribution This Code of Conduct is a direct swipe from the awesome work of Open Source Bridge, but with our event information substituted. The original is available at http://opensourcebridge.org/about/code-of-conduct/ and is released under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license.